HELP US SET A SHINING EXAMPLE!!
The GLEN LAKE ENVIROTHON TEAMS have been working for over a year to get an 8kW, adjustable solar array at Glen Lake Community School. They have raised $20,000, but they need your help to cross the finish line. Please donate today to help make this incredible project a success.
Local businesses and local leaders are stepping up to fill that gap.
MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT
- TBA Credit Union teacher classroom grant
- GT Community Foundation FOCUS grant
- Walmart Education Grant
- My Solar School Competition and matching school board grant
STUDENT LED FUNDRAISING PROJECTS
- Glen Lake Wristband Sale
- Cherry Republic Volunteer Promise fundraising event
- 24 panels
- 290 watt per panel
- Will produce about $850.00 in solar energy per year for the school
- Size – approximately 20’ by 25’
- Mounted on the ground
- Will cover about 1% of the school’s energy load
- Sustainable source of energy that does not emit greenhouse gases
- Shrink carbon footprint and reduce out reliance on fossil fuels
- The panels will be easily accessible for all Glen Lake students
- Adjust tilt of panels to get optimal energy
- Learn about seasonal changes
- Use data for energy units in science and math classes
- Solar + Next Generation Science Standards + STEM learning
- Problem solve: Research to continually improve the system.
- Gain information about renewable energy at a young age
- Better understand the environmental impacts of traditional energy later in life.
- Develop a sense of smart resource use and environmental stewardship in students