Are you approved to launch a new SolaRISE fundraising project? Great! Get approved here.
Getting Started Checklist
- Click on the Create Account button at the top of the page.
- Fill out your details and create a password
- After you’re logged in, click on Create Project in the grey bar
- Fill out the project title (keep it short i.e. School Solar), the amount you’re trying to raise in the Goal, choose the proper Category, the Launch (start) Date and your target End Date (these can be changed later if needed)
- We recommend that you choose “Expires on End Date”
- Fill in a one-sentence short description, paste a link to any video you may have (if any), use the Long Description for your entire story, any photos you want to share, quotes, inspiration, etc. If you can think of any FAQ’s use that box (not required), NOTE: Try to think of the benefit that the donor will receive by giving to your project – that will do a better job of inspiring people to give.
- Leave all the Project Reward Levels fields blank – We’ll enter those for you after you’ve filled in all the above. We’re assuming there are no gifts or incentives (like a tee shirt if you give $100, etc). If there are, let us know.
- Set up your Stripe account (Instructions below)
- When you’re done click on Submit for Review.
We’ll review all your information and make your project live (it will be publicly available on the project’s Start Date).
SET UP YOUR STRIPE ACCOUNT
One more important thing – you need to add a Stripe account in order to accept payments, which will be deposited into your bank account (i.e. the PTO’s or Organization’s bank account). When you are logged into your account on the solarize.us website, click on the Creator Account tab in your Dashboard. Click on Connect with Stripe and enter all the requested details.
Please note that Stripe requires a person to be the owner of this account – this means filling out the Individual or Sole Proprietor Details including personal details. We don’t get access to this info – only Stripe does. This is a banking thing and it’s required to use Stripe or any other credit card processor.